If you want an easy casserole dinner that can be thrown together in no time, try this Low Carb / Keto Pepperoni Pizza Casserole. I mean who doesn’t love a good pepperoni pizza? And being on a low carb diet doesn’t mean you have to give it up! Let’s dish (literally) about some low carb pizza goodness!
You can make any kind of pizza casserole you want – we chose pepperoni. It’s the family favorite. Above all, it’s the kids’ favorite. And you know, we’ll do whatever it take to get kids to eat the right foods!
Hidden Vegetable Recipe for Toddlers and Kids!
Adding cauliflower rice to this low carb pepperoni pizza casserole makes it easy to get kids to eat their veggies! Additionally, on a keto diet, adding a bit of cauliflower rice is a good way to hide vegetables in a recipe. They’ll never know! This casserole is layered with cauliflower rice, sautéed ground beef and onions, tomatoes (you could use sauce) cheese and pepperoni. We’ve added some optional spices, as usual, our homemade Italian seasoning, in this recipe.
It doesn’t take long to bake – 30 minutes at 400 degrees. And leftovers are fabulous. I think it’s kinda like pizza – just as good for breakfast the next day!
Want More Low Carb Pizza Casserole Ideas?
- Don’t have ground beef thawed? Try a ground sausage pizza casserole.
- Want more veggies? Add peppers and mushrooms to your pizza casserole.
- Want a fancy pizza casserole? Try adding spinach and sliced, fresh mozzarella.
If you don’t want to add tomatoes or prefer a sauce, you can make your own pizza sauce. Actually, I usually make my own, because I’m not a garlic person (shock!) and I like to control my flavors. Try your hand at making your own – we like this Atkins pizza sauce recipe and adding the sweetness is what makes it more “pizza sauce” and less “spaghetti sauce”.
Don’t you love a casserole rich in cheesy goodness? Load on the cheese and pepperoni and enjoy all the flavors.
Can’t make it now?
Pin it for Later!
- 1 10 oz bag cauliflower rice, cooked
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked
- 1 small chopped yellow onion
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz sliced pepperoni
- 1 Tbs Italian seasoning
- Cook the rice according to instructions. Pat it between paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Brown the beef and onion in a pan until cooked.
- In a 13x9 baking dish, layer the beef mixture, cauliflower rice, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes.
Nutrition InformationYield 6
Amount Per ServingCalories 368 Total Fat 23g Saturated Fat 10g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 10g Cholesterol 95mg Sodium 504mg Carbohydrates 8g Fiber 3g Sugar 4g Protein 31g