I had this discussion the other day: is cheesecake a cake or a pie? Or something else? Either way it’s one of my favorite desserts. Are you looking for a creamy, low carb cheesecake recipe? This low carb cheesecake will take you away to a magical place where cheesecake rules – the perfect dessert after a special meal or treat during a busy day to give you that little boost.
It’s easy and quick to make in your Instant Pot in 20 minutes but must be cooled for 2 hours and 20 minutes. Don’t think you can wait? I promise the wait will be worth it!
I use Swerve granulated sweetener in most of my low carb dishes, but you may use any preferred sweetener. The melted cream cheese combined with vanilla extract and eggs blend together perfectly to make a creamy, soft cheesecake that’s is good enough to serve for a fancy dinner or eat on the couch with a spoon (not that I know anything about that!)
What is the lowest carb cheese?
You’ll be happy to know that cream cheese is among the top three lowest car cheese options out there. This Instant Pot low carb cheesecake recipe calls for two 8 ounce packages of cream cheese. You’ll find that cream cheese carries a total of .8 net carbs per every 2 tablespoons. This translates into .8 net carbs per ounce. Meanwhile, other cheeses carry a higher level of net carbs per serving. Mozzarella cheese is the next lowest net carb cheese option out there (one of our faves and in a ton of my keto recipes!)
Can you eat cheesecake on Keto?
This is one of the most important questions ever! Check your macros and use keto friendly ingredients. If you have a favorite cheesecake recipe, you may be able to modify it by using keto versions of the ingredients.
Need more cheesecake? Check out these cheesecake fat bombs too!
This low carb cheesecake helps you find an alternative to cure that cheesecake craving when you’re on a low carb diet plan. This simple Instant Pot cheesecake recipe will have you biting into that deliciously creamy cheesecake in no time!
How do I make Cheesecake in my Instant Pot?
It’s simple to make! Follow my instructions below so that you can bite into that delicious no-guilt cheesecake soon!
You’ll need 2 8 ounce packages of cream cheese, 2/3 cup monk fruit sweetener, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 2 eggs to make Instant Pot cheesecake. Now that you have your ingredients ready, it’s time to start making this yummy low carb cheesecake recipe.
First, place the trivet in the bottom of your Instant Pot. Add the minimum amount of water required. Prepare a 7.5-inch springform pan by wrapping aluminum foil around the bottom and spritz the inside with nonstick cooking spray.
Grab a medium bowl and beat the cream cheese until soft and creamy. Add your sweetener and continue beating until this mixture is fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract to this fluffy mixture and beat until combined. Transfer your mixture from the medium bowl to your springform pan and spread the mixture evenly.
Cover the springform pan to keep water from dripping on your low carb cheesecake ingredients. Place the lid on your Instant Pot and set the valve to sealing. Program for manual pressure cook for 20 minutes. When the cooking cycle is complete, let your Instant Pat naturally release the pressure.
Remove the lid and allow your Instant Pot cheesecake to continue cooling inside the Instant Pot for about 20 minutes before removing. Replace the aluminum foil with plastic wrap and place your low carb cheesecake in the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving. Serve your low carb cheesecake with a sugar-free topping such as natural preserves or fresh fruit.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅔ cup Swerve sweetener (or granulated sweetener of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- Place trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot (or your brand of electric pressure cooker. Add the minimum required amount of water according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Prepare a 7 inch springform pan by wrapping aluminum foil around the bottom to protect from water seepage. Spritz the inside of the springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until soft and creamy. Add the sweetener and continue beating until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat just until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the springform pan and spread evenly. Cover the springform pan to avoid water dripping onto the cheesecake.
- Cover the electric pressure cooker and set the valve to sealing. Program for manual or “pressure cook” for 20 minutes.
- When the cooking cycle is complete, allow the electric pressure cooker to naturally release the pressure until the pressure pin drops. Remove the lid and allow the cheesecake to continue cooling inside the pressure cooker for 20 minutes before removing.
- Replace the aluminum foil with plastic wrap and refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
- Serve with sugar free, natural preserves or fresh fruit if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per ServingCalories 39Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 50mgSodium 29mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 2g