Are you dreaming of pizza on your low carb diet? Me too, and I’ve got a recipe for you to try out. When you’re keto or low carb, tons of toppings can make a difference in making that pie more than just a meal. And with so many low carb options for toppings, you can make the deep dish pizza your own.
What are some great low carb pizza toppings?
Meats – chicken, pepperoni, ground beef, keto sausage. Cheese – parmesan, ricotta, mozzarella, feta. Veggies – peppers, onions, olives, mushrooms. Layer them up and make sure you use enough, while watching those carbs.
- For the crust:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons water
- For the pizza:
- 1 (14 ounce) jar sugar-free pizza sauce
- ¼ to ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- ¼ to ½ cup diced mushrooms
- ½ to ¾ cup diced canadian bacon
- ½ to ¾ cup sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 8 to 9 inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a food processor, pulse together the flours, xanthan gum, baking powder, and seasonings. Add the apple cider vinegar and egg. Pulse again. Slowly add the water and pulse until a dough ball forms. The dough will be sticky.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and press into the springform pan using a piece of plastic wrap OR a short glass coated in nonstick cooking spray. Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the pan and up the sides about 1 to 1 ½ inches.
- Bake the crust in the prepared oven for 10 minutes or until slightly golden. Remove from oven.
- To the crust add a fine layer of mozzarella cheese. Then, layer the vegetables and pour the pizza sauce over the top. Add the canadian bacon and pepperoni and finish with another layer of cheese.
- Return to the oven and bake until the cheese has melted and started to brown slightly, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Before serving, run a dull knife around the edge between the crust and the springform pan. Then, release the sides. Cut into wedges and serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 299Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 68mgSodium 693mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 18g