One of our favorite quick, one skillet recipes is Cauliflower Fried Rice. This one is low carb, not Keto, and is made with chicken. I’ve found this better than the fried rice at my favorite Asian restaurant!
We start with the typical ingredients you find in fried rice – carrots, onions, sesame oil, amino acids (or soy sauce) garlic, and eggs. We added peas which may not be the most low carb friendly. Use with caution based on your diet preferences.
The cauliflower replaces the rice! Once you’ve got them sauteed and cooked in the pan, it’s time to add the thing that makes it real fried rice – the eggs!
Some of the fried rice may mix with the eggs. Once the eggs are cooked through, stir together with the rice, and YUM!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed in bite-size pieces
- 3 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 4 green onions, white and green parts, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup liquid aminos
- 2 eggs, beaten slightly
- In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and chicken. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring as needed, or until the chicken is lightly browned on all sides. Remove the chicken and keep warm.
- To the skillet, add the carrots and green onions. Saute for 4 to 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Add the cauliflower and continue cooking, stirring as needed to avoid burning, for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, peas, sesame oil, and liquid aminos to the skillet. Stir to combine and allow to cook until any liquid is absorbed or evaporated.
- Create a well in the middle of the fried rice and add the eggs. Scramble the eggs into small pieces as they cook. It is okay is some of the fried rice mixes with the eggs. Once the eggs are cooked through, stir together with the rice.
- Serve topped with additional green onions or toasted sesame seeds.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 201Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 99mgSodium 991mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 5gSugar 5gProtein 11g