These keto peanut butter cup fat bombs are the perfect replica of your favorite childhood treat, but with a keto-friendly twist! You won’t have to go a day with your special chocolate and peanut butter cups. Whip up this treat and store it for a quick fat bomb during your busy day.
Is peanut butter OK for keto diet?
Yes, peanut butter is OK for keto diet. The tip is to use natural peanut butter as it has low carbs, high protein, and fiber to ensure you can enjoy peanut butter on keto. These fat bombs call for 1/3 cup unsweetened natural peanut butter and include my favorite natural sweetener, Swerve. Enjoy these delicious peanut butter fat bombs on your keto diet.
I like to make my peanut butter cups in these silicone cupcake baking cups. I love these reusable molds – they can be used for cupcakes and muffins too! I also made these Cinnamon Spice Keto Muffins with these molds – check them out!
How many peanut butter cup fat bombs can you eat on keto?
I’m asked quite often about how may fat bombs you can eat on keto. The key to this answer is dependent on the person and how much you’ve already your current daily intake. To determine how many fat bombs you can eat, simply read the nutrition facts to determine the carb / protein count per fat bomb. This information will help you decide how many you can enjoy per day. Make sure you stay within your macros!
I like to spoil myself during a busy workday with a easy treat that mimics my favorite chocolate and peanut butter cups found at the local store. The delicious blend of natural peanut butter and sugar-free chocolate chips may sound like there’s no way this will taste as good as store-bought treats. But I’m confident you’ll realize these keto fat bombs taste way better than the store-bought option.
How long do fat bombs last in the freezer?
The length of time that fat bombs can last in the freezer will ultimately depend on the ingredients in the fat bomb. I keep these fat bombs in an airtight container. I like to store them individually wrapped n the refrigerator for up to five days.
Another option is to store them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three months. I’m confident you’ll be enjoying this recipe in less than three months! Make enough fat bombs to store in the refrigerator for the week.
Now that I’ve taken the time to answer some popular questions about my keto pb cup fat bombs recipe, I can help you get started. These delicious fat bombs will be the perfect replacement for the famous store-bought peanut butter cups. They’ll give you a reboot during a busy day!
Can’t make it now?
Pin it for later!
- ⅓ cup unsweetened, natural peanut butter
- 1 ½ tablespoon Swerve confectioners sweetener
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (10.5 ounces) package sugar-free chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In medium bowl, place the chocolate chips, coconut oil, and vanilla. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir well. Continue heating in the microwave in 15 to 20-second increments and stirring well between until melted.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon into candy molds (or 1 teaspoon if using smaller candy molds) and use the back of the spoon to smooth the melted chocolate around the edges. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until chocolate has set.
- In another medium bowl, add all ingredients for the peanut butter filling. Microwave for 30 seconds on high and stir together until combined.
- Drop peanut butter (about 1 tablespoon for large and 1 teaspoon for small) into candy molds over chocolate and smooth into an even layer.
- Reheat chocolate if needed and then spoon over the peanut butter layer to cover.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is completely set.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Serving numbers vary based on the size of your molds. Adjust your macros based on the serving numbers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.