Last week was a big week for Beck. He switched schools – leaving the daycare he’d attended since he was a baby to attend one closer to our home and work. So how do you celebrate such a big event? With Beck’s favorite activities – bike riding and cookie baking!
We kept the cookie ideas simple. If you have a box of cake mix, eggs and vegetable oil, you have cookies ready to bake. And doesn’t funfetti just scream celebration? And Beck could do most of the work for these simple treats. Even better!
Yes sprinkles come in the mix, but how can you argue with MOAR SPRINKLES? Obviously we’re going to need more for Valentine’s Day!
Roll into balls and spread evenly on a baking sheet. Take a glass bottom and smoosh them. He loved that part!
The results were delicious!
Try them out next time you want a fun cookie celebration!
Making cookies with cake mix! Whoo~
- 1 box Funfetti Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Extra sprinkles (this is your call! let your toddler have fun!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on baking sheets allowing 1-2 inches between them.
- Take a glass, dip it in flour and press each ball until it's flat. (about 1/4 inch thick).
- Bake cookies 8-9 minutes, cool and serve!
Black and White Cake Mix Cookie
Here are some more recipes for quick and easy cookies made with cake mixes!