Winter, summer or any season in between is a great season for casseroles. This Chicken Spinach Artichoke Casserole is low carb / keto, so it’s the perfect year-round option. It’s like the famous spinach and artichoke dip, but with chicken in a casserole form.
Ingredients for the chicken spinach and artichoke casserole
We’ve got sour cream, cream cheese, cooked and shredded chicken, artichoke hearts, cooked spinach, and good old mozzarella cheese. You’ll notice heavy on the cheese. That makes it a rich dish, so it will feed your whole family and probably with leftovers.
Don’t have time to cook chicken? Pick up a rotisserie chicken – one will work great for this recipe.
Layer the bottom with the chicken. Spread the cream cheese, sour cream, spinach and artichoke mixture on top. Sprinkle with the mozzarella. It’s that simple. If you think the sauce is too thick, add some cream or milk to thin it a bit.
That’s layers of sauciness getting ready to go in the oven. This recipe makes enough for a large casserole and we ate it for 2 days.
Take it out of the oven and you’re ready to go. Slice it up and serve it with your favorite side. Yes, there’s more spinach here, but we’re in the middle of the 2018 romaine crisis and that’s all we had!
Did I mention leftovers? This was just as good heated up the next day. But because chicken dries out, you may want to add some additional cream or even water if you microwave it.
Pin it for later
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 8oz package cream cheese
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 12oz package cooked spinach
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt / pepper to taste
- Spray evenly over the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan with non-stick spray
- Layer the chicken on the bottom - salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the softened cream cheese, sour cream, spinach and artichokes until blended.
- Spread mixture evenly over the chicken
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella over the top
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes
Serving Size1 cup
Amount Per ServingCalories 460 Total Fat 35g Saturated Fat 17g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 13g Cholesterol 143mg Sodium 647mg Carbohydrates 9g Fiber 2g Sugar 4g Protein 28g
Find more recipes at South Your Mouth’s Weekend Potluck where I link up each week.