When I think about jambalaya, I think about a Sunday night hearty dinner. For me, weekends are the perfect time for a one pot delicious dish. And this low carb chicken and sausage jambalaya is one dish you have to try.
it’s easy to make. I love my cast iron skillets. I’ve got a few – the Zakarian ones are great, non stick and easy to clean.
Not bad frozen and reheated, or for a leftover breakfast! If you miss rice, consider cauliflower rice, or regular rice if you’re not keto.
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cups cauliflower, cored and riced, or 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 (12 ounce) package cajun sausage, cut in half lengthwise and sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Cayenne or Cajun seasoning blend, to taste
- Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and chicken breast, browning on all sizes. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- To the hot skillet add additional oil if needed and vegetables (onion, bell pepper, and celery). Cook vegetables until softened (about 3 to 5 minutes), stirring often.
- Return the chicken to the skillet. Also add the sausage, chicken broth, tomatoes, and remaining seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat, cooking about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring as needed.
- Remove lid. Add cauliflower and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until tender
- 6. Adjust seasonings and serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 310Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 103mgSodium 1560mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 5gSugar 6gProtein 40g