I’m always looking for new snack options that fit into my low carb lifestyle. And not just for me, but snacks everyone will love. This bacon jalapeno cheeseball fits all the criteria, and anytime there’s bacon in the mix, I’m in! So whether you’re looking for the best game day appetizers, late night munchie snacks or all day every day treats, give this a try.
How do I make the cheeseball?
Beat together the cream cheese, half of the chopped jalapenos, half of the pecans, cheddar cheese, half of the bacon, seasonings, and Worcestershire sauce until completely blended. Mix the remaining jalapenos, pecans, and bacon. Then shape the cheese mixture into a ball and cover with the remaining jalapeno mixture.
What can I use to for low carb dippers?
I recommend low carb veggies such as celery or zucchini. You can also make some easy crackers using almond flour.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 to 4 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped, divided
- ½ cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup finely chopped bacon
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, half of the chopped jalapeños, half of the pecans, cheddar cheese, half of the bacon, seasonings, and Worcestershire sauce until completely blended.
- Mix the remaining jalapeños, pecans, and bacon. Set aside
- Using plastic wrap, shape the cheese mixture into a ball. Transfer to a serving plate. Press the remaining jalapeño mixture into the sides.
- Refrigerate at least one hour prior to serving.
- Serve with crackers or vegetable dippers.
Nutrition InformationYield 20 Serving Size 20
Amount Per Serving Calories 81Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 15mgSodium 114mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 4g