Sneak some delicious veggies into your daily meal with this delicious bacon cauliflower chowder – and get ready because it has bacon. As you know, bacon makes everything better! This delicious recipe has tons of veggies such as onions, carrots, celery, and cauliflower so that you won’t feel guilty indulging your taste buds with this chowder. A warm-the-bones type of meal that your family will gobble right down.
Is cauliflower a good substitute for potatoes?
To make bacon cauliflower chowder is to essentially replace the potatoes you’d normally find in chowder. If you haven’t seen by now, many recipes are starting to replace starchy potatoes for cauliflower as a means to make your favorite recipes a bit healthier for you.
What makes bacon cauliflower chowder a chowder?
Chowder is usually thick and chunky. This version of soup is generally enjoyed during the colder seasons, as it helps warm your bones. Chowder will typically be made with a white sauce base but you’ll find a Manhattan clam chowder is made with a tomato base. Our bacon cauliflower chowder shared today features a vegetable or chicken broth base but looks similar to other white chowders.
The cauliflower taste mimics the potato flavor and texture. It tricks your taste buds into thinking you’re eating chowder that has potatoes in it. And cauliflower only has 5 grams of carbohydrates per one-cup serving, whereas potatoes have an average of 26 grams of carbs per one-cup serving.
What does cauliflower taste like?
Cauliflower has a neutral flavor when used in this bacon cauliflower chowder recipe. You’ll find that the coarsely chopped cauliflower won’t even be recognized by most people who devour your chowder. That’s what makes cauliflower one of the easiest veggies to sneak in to anyone’s daily diet.
Have cauliflower left over? Try these recipes!
What should I eat when it’s cold outside?
That cold weather outside can really make you shiver to the core. That’s why it’s important to find some foods you can enjoy when it’s cold outside. Whether you love the great outdoors during the colder seasons or not, here are some of the foods you should eat when it’s cold outside:
- Warm Soups
- Chicken Pot Pies
- Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- Chicken Taco Casserole
- Grilled Cheese with Tomato Soup
Each of these options will help warm your bones. They’ll allow you to feel warmth to your core after spending time outside on a cold day. The winter season is upon us folks. It’s time to start baking and cooking to warm up the home and your body!
Can’t make it now? Keep scrolling for the recipe or –
Pin it for Later!
How do I Make Bacon Cauliflower Chowder?
Gather up the list of ingredients below and follow my step by step tutorial to make Bacon Cauliflower Chowder today! Do you feel adventurous and enjoy cheese? Add a little cheese on top as a final touch for your bacon cauliflower chowder – then serve it to family. I hope I’ve intrigued you and you’re now ready to make your chowder today. Keep scrolling so that you can enjoy this warm your bones bacon cauliflower chowder today.
- 6 slices bacon, cut into pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 to 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head cauliflower, stem removed and coarsely chopped
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- In a medium stock pot, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper toweling
- To the pot add the onion, carrots, and celery. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened, scraping any browned pieces from the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon. Stir in the garlic and add salt and pepper to your preference
- Add the cauliflower, broth, and milk to the pot. Heat to boiling and cook for approximately 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Add xanthan gum to the soup a little at a time until you reach the desired consistency. Remember that the soup will continue to thicken slightly as it cools
- Serve topped with cooked bacon and/or cheese.