Let’s taco ’bout these taco seasoning cheese crisps! Great sub for crackers or chips – 3 ingredients and 6 minutes in the oven, and you’re snackin’. For keto / low carb lifestyles, these are a sanity-saver.
When you’re committed to low carb, you’re always looking for snacking options. And when I started, I was buying the premade foods and spending too much money. So I got smart and checked Pinterest and BOOM. So many recipes.
So these are basically cooked cheese. It’s that simple – and if you are a cheese fan like me, it’s pretty amazing. I started with cheddar and parmesan – those two cheeses are good for baking.
You use your basic taco seasoning. We buy it in bulk (because tacos!), but you can make your own if you prefer.
You don’t need much chese – in fact, less than a tablespoon for each one. I started not sprinkling much taco seasoning on each one, but found they needed more. Test a few first to find your taco-appreciation-level.
They crisp up nicely and pop out easily. They may be a little greasy at first, so you can pat them on a paper towel. We store ours in a glass pyrex so they’re ready for frequent snacking.
Right? So good. And nice and thin – they have a good snap.
They burn easily, so watch the oven. I’d test your oven and begin watching them at around 5 minutes. I find 6 minutes is the perfect time for my oven.
Some other savory low carb / keto snacks:
Can’t make them now?
Pin It For Later!
Let’s Taco ‘Bout the Recipe
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Taco Seasoning
- Combine both cheeses together in a bowl.
- Drop about a tablespoon (or a little less) of mixed cheese into regular size muffin tins. Drop it fairly evenly - but no worries, the cheese will spread out when cooking.
- Sprinkle Taco Seasoning on each cheese pile.
- Bake for 6 minutes (I've found this to be MY magic number) at 400 degrees.
- Let cool and pop out. They come out easily!
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 34 Total Fat 2g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 1g Cholesterol 7mg Sodium 104mg Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 0g Sugar 0g Protein 2g