What do you want to taco ’bout today? How ’bout our low carb keto taco casserole! This is so easy to make that it’s a must for Taco Tuesday and any other day that needs a taco, which, let’s be honest, is every day.
Our casserole is super simple with just a few ingredients that you may have on hand if you are living a keto or low carb lifestyle. In fact, if you are like us, you already have the cooked taco meat in the freezer.
Oh…and ground beef.
It starts a little something like this with some browned beef , canned tomatoes and enough taco seasoning to make your heat sensor happy.
Next up – add the green chilis and cauliflower rice. Mix it all together
You can definitely taste test this now to make sure the flavors are what you want. Add some more of <insert what it needs> if so desired.
We use a 13 x 9 casserole dish. Start by adding the meat mixture to the bottom – enough to cover the bottom.
Cover with about 2/3 of the bag of cheese – enough so it’s a decent covering. You want the cheese to melt when it’s baking and make the dish cheeeesssyyyy.
Repeat the layers – the remainder of the meat mixture covered with the remainder of the cheese. Since it’s already cooked, the bake is intended to just melt the cheese – so 15-20 minutes max.
Doesn’t it look yummy? Because it is. Cheesy taco yummy.
Serve it in a bowl garnished with sour cream and avocado if you want. I prefer greek yogurt to sour cream myself. And avocado all day long if you’re the keto type!
Or serve it plain. Like this. Also yum!
I love that it’s a one dish dinner with the addition of the cauliflower. Since I discovered cauliflower rice in the bag, I use it for everything. While it can give some dishes a cauli taste, that’s not the case with this casserole. This is all taco!
Can’t make it now?
Pin it for Later!
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 14.5 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 2 cups cooked cauliflower rice
- 3 Tbs taco seasoning
- 1 8 oz bag taco cheese
- Cook the cauliflower rice (either bagged or fresh) and pat dry to remove excess moisture
- Cook beef on stovetop until brown
- Add tomatoes, cauliflower, taco seasoning and chiles and stir until well mixed
- In a 13 x 9 baking dish, layer enough of the beef mixture to cover the bottom - about half
- Top with 2/3 of the cheese and spread evenly
- Repeat with the rest of the beef and then top with the rest of the cheese
- Bake for 15-20 min at 350 degrees until cheese is melted
- Serve in a bowl alone or with sour cream and avocado
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 522 Total Fat 31g Saturated Fat 14g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 13g Cholesterol 137mg Sodium 550mg Carbohydrates 17g Fiber 3g Sugar 5g Protein 42g