The first dish we made in the Instant Pot was a spaghetti squash. It’s one of our favorite meals (serve with red sauce and parmesan cheese YUM!) and after making it in the IP, we felt the investment was more than worth it.
It. Was. Amazing.
Not only was it easy, not having to cut the raw squash before cooking, but the taste was so flavorful. It’s really the only way to cook it, sealing in the flavors.
How easy is it?
- Put squash on the trivet in the pot – whole, uncut, trust me.
- Pour in 1 cup of water.
- Turn on manual for 20 minutes.
- Quick release to release the pressure.
- Cut in half, scoop out the seeds.
- Shred the rest of squash with a fork and serve.
It really is that easy.