I miss tater tots. I really do. This Keto recipe for broccoli cheddar tots is as close as I’ve come to that deliciousness.
These are simple to make. I keep cauliflower and broccoli rice in the freezer, and I’ve used the broccoli rice for this recipe. I think cauli would work fine too!
You literally mix all the ingredients together. It’s so simple. One egg is fine and 2 tbs of almond flour is enough. The dough will seem super flimsy and won’t stick together too well. That’s fine, I promise.
No really, it’s fine. Roll the batter into balls. I get about 15 or 16 from the mix. Set them gently on a baking sheet.
If you don’t use a silicone mat for baking, it’s fabulous. I love my parchment paper, but I gave it up for many of the things I bake in favor of the mat.
Once the balls are all laid out on the mat, tap each one lightly until flat. You can use the tart temper or a glass bottom. Make sure you oil the surface (maybe a few times) so you don’t break up the tots. They are still fragile!
Don’t worry if they seem that way. They’ll bake up just fine. Check out the pic below. Once you flip them, you’ll notice they browned nicely. The three at the bottom are patiently waiting to be flipped.
And look! They are as yummy as they look. I shaped mine into patties, but you could try a different shape.
They’ve got a bit of crisp which is the way I like them. You certainly could bake them a bit less so they don’t brown too much. Once that egg has done it’s binding, you’re good to go. See – not fragile anymore!
Have some sugar free ketchup or low carb marinara? Then you’ve got the perfect dipping sauce and you are on your way to tot heaven. It’s a real place, I think.
Pin it for later!
- 2 cups cooked / cooled broccoli rice
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs almond flour (we use this one)
- Italian seasoning to taste
- If your broccoli rice is wet, make sure you drain the moisture out as much as possible.
- Mix all ingredients, making sure it's an even blend - this ensures the egg is evenly distributed.
- Roll gently into balls, lay out on the mat and tap flat with tart temper.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Flip each tot and bake for 5-8 minutes more.
- Eat alone or serve with a keto friendly sauce.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 87 Total Fat 6g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 26mg Sodium 105mg Carbohydrates 5g Fiber 1g Sugar 0g Protein 5g
Don’t have time to make it now?