Need something simple, easy and Keto for lunch? Give this Tuna Avocado Zoodle salad a try. It’s got all the flavor you want, it’s made with ingredients you probably already have and the substitutions and add-ins are endless to change it up.
I’ve been a tuna fan my whole life. I get migraines and I tend to crave it (I think for the fish oil?). So it’s always in our house – and always will be. Zoodles are a new staple in our Keto house and, well, avocado is … avocado. We’re all about the good fats.
This site participates in the Amazon affiliate program. Purchase you make by clicking the links provide income to help run this blog – at no additional cost to you. We appreciate your support!
You’ll need tuna (the big can), avocado, zoodles, cilantro, lime and greek yogurt. I like to use greek yogurt, but you certainly could sub mayo or a dressing of your choice.
You can make your own zoodles, but I prefer the bagged ones (less work, no fuss). However, you’ll need to pat them dry a lot as they let out a lot of moisture.
It’s as simple as that. Mix it up (gently if you like the avocado chunks like I do) and serve. You could make a sandwich with your fat head dough bread or eat it wth zucchini slices like I do.
See the recipe below.
Can’t make it now? Pin it for later!
Here’s the recipe!
- 1 12 oz can tuna
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp cilantro (we like less)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 12 oz bag of frozen zoodles
- Cook the zoodles according to the package, let cool and pat dry with a paper towel. If using fresh zoodles, sautee them in a pan with some olive oil until tender - and again, pat dry with a paper towel.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir carefully to keep the avocado chunks in tact.
- Serve with veggies, make lettuce wraps or a sandwich made with keto bread.