My sleep is disturbed.  I worry all day.  I google the what if’s all night.  I feel angry, sad,  defeated, and then I cry.

All over a lie.  Someone else’s lie.  A lie that he told to help himself that in turn flipped my family’s life upside down.

A lie that will potentially affect his life in a negative way, and it definitely affects my family’s life every day.

I worry because I don’t want any harm to come to him.

I worry because I don’t want any more distress to come to my family.

I worry because I think I’m the only one who is worried about it.

I have to let it go.  I didn’t lie.  My daughter didn’t lie.  He did.

I can’t keep him out of trouble.  I can only do what is in my power to keep the lie from having a negative impact on my family.

I’m going to try to let it go.  I’m pretending that’s easy.

Today is Easter Sunday.  It’s a good day to turn this over to God and let him drive it.

Today, I’ll pray for my family and today I’ll pray for him.

(the photo is from my trip to Jamaica in 2011)

8 Comments on Giving Up and Letting Go

March 31, 2013 at 2:33 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you Anne! Would love to get together soon.

• Anne
        March 31, 2013 at 5:23 pm (4 years ago)

Yes, I miss you and would love to see the little dude.

1. Auntie Peg
    March 31, 2013 at 10:54 am (4 years ago)

Linda, I have just found and listened to the tape your grandfather made before he died. Do you have a copy? if not I will send it to you as soon as I can get it copied to a disc. it is sad but reassuring and comforting.

March 31, 2013 at 12:52 pm (4 years ago)

Auntie, I would love that. I do have it on tape packed away (I think that’s the same one) but I don’t have a tape player to even try to see if it’s the same. I’d love to hear it. I imagine it would help me through this.

• Auntie Peg
        March 31, 2013 at 9:31 pm (4 years ago)

I didn’t know how to play the tape either until I realized that my car has a tape player in it. I want to have copies made soon before that tape falls apart.

2. Jodifur
    March 31, 2013 at 9:21 am (4 years ago)

Thinking of you and sending you love and hugs. I’m here if you to talk.

March 31, 2013 at 2:34 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks Jodi, I’m lucky to have friends like y’all.