We’ve been looking at infant seats and doing our homework before the baby comes. There are so many to choose from, and safety is obviously top of mind for us.
With summer travel and all the busy weekend traffic, you want to make sure the family is safe on the road. We’ve partnered with Safety 1st to share tips for staying safe this summer and are also giving away an onBoard.
Overall travel is up 4.9 % from the July 4th holiday period last year. According to AAA that’s an estimated 42.3 million people on the road!
Did you know that side impact crashes are among the deadliest type of collision for children? 1 in 3 child crash fatalities are caused by side impact crashes and nearly all of which are caused by head trauma. Her are some safety tips to keep in mind:
– The safest place to install a car seat is typically in the center of the rear seat.
– Check in with a local Child Passenger Safety Technician to ensure your child’s seat is installed correctly. You can visit a local police station, fire station, AAA office or Safe Kids Chapter for guidance. Many of these departments also offer car seat checkpoints throughout the summer.
– Childproof the inside of the car and eliminate projectiles. (we have to work on this!) Anything in the car that is not secured is a possible projectile – even a tissue box, or a pet. In a crash, objects take on greater weight due to crash forces. For example a 35 lb. pet @ 45 mph becomes a lethal 1,575 lb. projectile in a crash!
– Use only “crash tested” gear in car. (baby mirrors, shade, etc.)
– Trunk the purse! Make the car a NO TEXT ZONE.
We are excited to have the Safety 1st infant car seat for our little one. The Safety 1st onBoard Air 35 infant car seat is equipped with Air Protect Side Impact Technology – here’s how it works.
- Air Protect puts a layer of protection around the baby’s head to better protect children in side impact collisions.
- Through the precise release of air, Air Protect extends the amount of time it takes to slow down a child’s movement in a crash, creating a slower, softer landing, instead of an immediate harsh impact.
- The technology releases calibrated amounts of air through air chambers — it does not inflate like an airbag.
Impressive isn’t it?
Would you like to win a Safety 1st onBoard 35 infant car seat? We have one to give away. Follow the rules for mandatory and extra entries. Contest ends July 30, 2012 at midnight.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
products provided for review and giveaway