When I was a wee little girl: maybe eight or so, the Sellers family embarked on what will be the most memorable vacation I have ever been on: A Disney Cruise. Ever since I’ve wanted to go back. Our super cool Christmas cruise: not disney- not as fun. I may just be a little biased/ in love (call it what you want). Now that I am preparing to be Super Mom, all I can think of is sharing the joy of Disney with my little boy and I have begun planning my Disney Cruise.
While Disney Cruises provide for all ages, I plan on waiting a good four to five years to take him on this cruise, mostly so he can fully appreciate it, you know, the best a 4-5 year old can appreciate something. I’ll also have to plan this based around a budget. While I would love to stay in a Concierge Family Oceanview Stateroom, I may have to settle for the just as magical Inside Staterooms (if not more magical with Real time views of the ocean PLUS a few Pixar characters floating by or saying hello!).
So “Why Disney?” you may ask. Well I say, why NOT! Disney knows how to do things and make every moment magical. Here are some of my favorite reasons to go on a Disney Cruise:
- Rotational Dining You get to visit every dining room and rotate throughout every night. Your servers switch dining rooms with you so you still get the same amazing service tailored to your every need. One night you’re in Animator’s Palate, the next you’re in the Royal Court (on the Disney Fantasy).
- Disney Characters…everywhere I mean, everywhere. In the kids clubs they can interact with characters, in the lobby you can interact with characters: it’s great.
- FIREWORKS and the only cruise line to do a fireworks display!
- Castaway Cay They have their own private island with, you guessed it, characters! You can do water sports, snorkel, or play on one of the few water play areas!
- Entertainment Each night there is something entertaining going on whether you fancy a Broadway style show, or even just catching a movie…perhaps in 3-D?
- Teen Clubs I never got to experience this…and I never will, HOWEVER, I know how teens don’t always want to be with their families all of the time, so this is a great thing to have. Your teens can get their “family-time” in and then bounce when they need a break (and you don’t have to worry about them!)
- You don’t need kids to have a good time If you just want to get away with the Hubs, feel free to. They have plenty of Adult-only activities and areas including an Adult only pool and two adult-only restaurants!
- It’s Disney Let’s be real: it’s Disney running the show here. You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to know that their behind the scenes work makes everything run so smoothly, it may as well be magic. Count on having amazing service to handle any curve balls that get thrown your way, luxurious accommodations, a cleanliness that makes it seem as if no one has ever been there, and a guaranteed good time.
I can’t wait. I’ll be researching and sharing with you for the next four years, so you may want to sit down. Bring it on year 2015!!
Photos courtesy of Disney
You may also like: