First World Problems – Moving is hard

We moved this week into a wonderful apartment that was upgraded before we moved.  It’s like having everything new which is so different from the 90′s decor in my old apartment.  Not much to complain about, but moves can take their toll and it’s inevitable that somethings will not go according to plan.  So here is the list of First World Problems.  I know, I’m whining.  It’s one of my finer skills:

Night one:

The AC fans blow so loud in the living room I can’t figure out where to put the TV and might have to get the FiOS rewired.

We can’t find the remote to the Tempurpedic adjustable base so I couldn’t raise my feet in the air.

I didn’t have a cable to hook up the TV  in my room so I had to watch Netflix on the iPad before bed.

Didn’t bring the coffee maker over yet so I had to wait until I got to work to get my coffee.

The dogs are barking at the ice maker.

The track lighting is tilted too much and it’s hitting my eyes.  This is a problem for me to fix with the 9 foot ceilings.

What will happen on night two?  I’m afraid to think…

First World Problems.  UGH.

Comments

1. says

LOL, well it could always be worse. Being in a new home is always a difficult adjustment in the beginning, but I hope it gets better for you.

2. says

LOL I’m laughing because I have been whining about the batteries in the remote for the bedroom TV being dead and having to watch Netflix on my *iPod* because I keep forgetting to buy new batteries. I relate.

It will all get straightened out; hang in there!

3. says

Wow, I haven’t moved in a million years but I remember the adjustment period. I hope everything comes together smoothly soon!

4. says

We moved from our house that we lived in for over eleven years onto the farm. My dogs and cat took a good two weeks to get use to everything, no I would say a few months. The cat was the worse and after living here a year still is a bit jumpy!

5. says

I consider so many things my “first world problems” like when I have to walk inside the gas station if their outside CC machine is broken or if I have to pause my TV show to get up and make a snack.

6. says

thankfully its been a few yrs since I moved and hopefully it will be another 10 bfoe I move again. Just remember how refreshing it will be to be in a new place with new surroundings