I’m sick as a dog these days. Yes even at 19 weeks, it’s very difficult to keep food down.  I thought I’d try this recipe from AllRecipes.com which only takes 30 minutes to make.  Quick and easy.

I hope I’ll be able to keep food down at some point – taking it day by day.  I’ll see the doctor today and hopefully have some answers.  Until then it’s SOUP FOR ME.

What did you find easy to keep down while you were pregnant?

12 Comments on Chicken Noodle Soup even on the hottest day of the year

1. Sharon
    July 7, 2012 at 8:11 pm (5 years ago)

Watermelon was my go-to with my first. This time around, I’m eating lots of peppermint candy canes when I feel especially nauseous, but have to be up and around and productive.

2. Toni
    July 6, 2012 at 8:29 am (5 years ago)

I say go with soup and crackers. If you aren’t vomiting but feeling nauseaus those cinnamon disk candies worked wonders for me

3. Colleen
    July 4, 2012 at 9:42 pm (5 years ago)

Chicken noodle soup is great no matter what the weather. Sorry you aren’t feeling well.

4. Kelly
    July 4, 2012 at 2:04 pm (5 years ago)

It’s only 70 here so you can come and visit and eat a bunch of your soup :)

5. Heather Solos
    July 3, 2012 at 9:13 pm (5 years ago)

Nothing in particular ever fixed it. However if I actually wanted something I ate it. RIGHT THEN, I did not pass Go or collect 200, it was a now or never kind of thing.

Hang in there. No matter what, no matter how icky it is, there is an end point.

6. HilLesha
    July 3, 2012 at 5:27 pm (5 years ago)

You can never go wrong with good ‘ol chicken noodle soup! :)

7. Courtney
    July 3, 2012 at 4:39 pm (5 years ago)

I survived a lot thanks to Watermelon, Cucumbers, and protein shakes approved by the doctor of course!

8. Billie
    July 2, 2012 at 10:12 pm (5 years ago)

I like soup when it’s hot and ice cream when it’s cold. Ok, I like both no matter what time of year. I hope you feel better soon.

9. Zippy Sandler
    July 2, 2012 at 9:15 pm (5 years ago)

I did the EXACT same thing this week. I find that hot foods cool me off when it’s hot outside (plus, it’s easy to just grab a bowl and not cook).

10. Donna
    July 2, 2012 at 8:39 pm (5 years ago)

That looks delicious. Sorry you’re so sick. I never had morning sickness at all, and I was so thankful.

11. Felicia
    July 2, 2012 at 8:26 pm (5 years ago)

That looks absolutely delicious! Thank you so much for that reminder of a simple but wholesome recipe!

12. April Decheine
    July 2, 2012 at 7:00 pm (5 years ago)

I was sick the whole pregnancy with morning sickness and certain smells made me run for the bathroom. I have three grown children now, once it’s over you forget about it :-) I love soup on hot days! I made broccoli cheese soup today and it was like 99 degrees. Chicken Noodle is a favorite of mine!