I’m experiencing more joy, fear, terror, love, nerves, excitement, panic and happiness than I’ve ever had in my life.  Matched only by the moments that I found out I was having my babies… I am feeling all those raw emotions again because… my baby is pregnant.

I’m going to be a grandmother. *blinks*

My daughter Maggie – you’ve met her here and in person at Blissdom – is 19.  Not ideal timing for someone in college, planning internships in NY, trips abroad to Europe and a summer of riding her horse.  She thought long and hard about what to do.  With my support and the support of her family and friends, she’s planning on keeping the baby.

She’s my baby.  My baby is having a baby.  Can you believe I get to say that?

I’m proud of her, I’m scared for her, and I’m thankful that she made the choice she did.  She’ll be a fabulous mom – and I’ll be the best grandmother the world has ever seen.  You can count on that.

She’ll be blogging here since I don’t have as much time  to devote to the blog anymore.  So look for her posts as she shares her stories.  We’ll partner here as we will in real life.  I’ll be here often sharing my life as a ….grandmother.

GULP.

You can call me Linney or you can call me Granny.  I’ll answer to both from now on.

23 Comments on Linneyville just got bigger.

1. Tami
    April 25, 2012 at 8:45 pm (6 years ago)

Congrats to you! Life is such a blessing! xoxo

2. Maryellen
    April 18, 2012 at 3:24 pm (6 years ago)

Congrats, Linda! You are such a great mom!

3. Carrie
    April 18, 2012 at 1:54 pm (6 years ago)

OH MAGGIE!!! Congratulations on your baby! I won’t lie. It’s gonna be hard. You’re gonna know you’re in over your head. You’re going to question everything you do and say and don’t say and don’t do. You won’t think you deserve this job. You’ll wonder why on earth God let you leave a hospital with a baby (we did!) And you are gonna love that bundle. Love it. Love it. You’re an awesome person, responsible and strong and you have an awesome support system. Lean on them and love yourself and take care of yourself! I can’t wait to see and you have my number from Blissdom and can always text me! I’ll tell you about all of my screw ups and God gave me THREE of them! (Start buying a pack of diapers or wipes a week NOW. Trust me. 1s and 2s using coupons and you’ll have a great stash. :))

(And congratulations Linda! Grandma!!!)

4. Janine
    April 18, 2012 at 10:51 am (6 years ago)

kisses and hugs and lots of love to you both!
    And congrats on coming out of the closet!
    You make a great team and I’ll be there too cheering you on.
    And I can’t wait to say things like, “Don’t get your Granny panties in bunches!”

5. Krystyn
    April 18, 2012 at 10:49 am (6 years ago)

Congratulations. I know it will be a bumpy road, but with an awesome mom like you, she’ll be great!

6. Danielle Smith
    April 17, 2012 at 11:36 pm (6 years ago)

Congratulations to both of you…. what an amazing treasure that you have each other! Maggie – you have only to look to your mom as an example… and Linney…. you have raised a beautiful, strong, intelligent girl – this will be an extraordinary journey for both of you. Much love to you both! xoxo

7. Lauralee Hensley
    April 17, 2012 at 11:15 pm (6 years ago)

Congratulations to all. Wish I was a grandma. Ahh well, maybe, or maybe not, we’ll just have to wait and see.

8. Jana
    April 17, 2012 at 10:02 pm (6 years ago)

I’m so excited! Congrats to you both! I was a young mommy with lots of love and support for my decision and I know it’ll be an amazing blessing for the whole family. I can’t wait to hear how things are going and hopefully see lots of fun prego pics;) xoxo miss you beautiful ladies

9. Katie
    April 17, 2012 at 8:17 pm (6 years ago)

Congrats to both of you!! What wonderful news :) I can’t wait to hear more!

10. musingsfromme/jill
    April 17, 2012 at 7:56 pm (6 years ago)

Congratulations! Exciting times! I’m looking forward to reading about all of you! You will make a great grandma!!

11. Hollee
    April 17, 2012 at 7:45 pm (6 years ago)

Congratulations! What a lucky daughter you have — to have a mom like you to lean on. Much joy to all of you!

12. Erica Mueller
    April 17, 2012 at 7:36 pm (6 years ago)

Congratulations, Maggie! Becoming a mother is the most terrifying and amazing moment of your life. You have such a fabulous heart… you’ll be a great mom!

Linda, I can’t wait to see all the pictures I know you’ll take and show off. Starting with ultrasound pics!

April 17, 2012 at 7:38 pm (6 years ago)

Erica, Maggie says thank you. And yes I can’t wait to share everything!

13. jodifur
    April 17, 2012 at 7:36 pm (6 years ago)

Congratulations! Do I get to call you granny next week?

April 17, 2012 at 7:38 pm (6 years ago)

Why yes you do!!!

14. Anne Parris
    April 17, 2012 at 10:02 am (6 years ago)

Congratulations!
    I was twenty. No regrets.
    She’ll be a great mom and you’ll be a wonderful grandma!

April 17, 2012 at 6:50 pm (6 years ago)

Thank you – and yes, I will be a great grandma – no argument there!

15. Onica {MommyFactor}
    April 17, 2012 at 9:50 am (6 years ago)

Oh congratulations! I look forward to reading her blog posts. Yes motherhood is scary no matter what age a women is but it’s also rewarding. I support your daughters right to choose. Either way. But of course excited about this new to be family member :)

April 17, 2012 at 6:49 pm (6 years ago)

i supported her too, either way… but so grateful she made the choice she did.

16. Sharon
    April 16, 2012 at 10:48 pm (6 years ago)

Good for her for making such a mature choice. And for you supporting her in it.

April 17, 2012 at 6:49 pm (6 years ago)

We are truly blessed…

April 17, 2012 at 6:48 pm (6 years ago)

Thank you so much!!