Some days I have 2 minutes to decide what’s for dinner (mostly because I forgot to take something out of the freezer) and get it in the oven. In that two minutes I also have to make sure that what I’m pulling from the pantry isn’t going to break the bank especially in weeks when money is tight. Which is most weeks. Keeping staples in the kitchen like bread crumbs, herbs and mayo are key.
Wait, I just said bread crumbs didn’t I? Wasn’t I looking for that last time?
This week the recipe I chose uses those dang crumbs again. *blinks*
I do happen to have a box of club crackers and a food processor. I’m winging it again people!
Hellmann’s is hosting the Chicken Change-Up and here’s a great budget friendly recipe.
Who needs to fry chicken… I bring you:
Oven Roasted Herb Chicken
adapted from the Hellmann’s site
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs (I used finely chopped crackers)
- 3/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano, parsley or rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. chicken skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise Dressing with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine bread crumbs, garlic salt, herbs and black pepper in shallow dish; set aside.
- Add chicken and Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Extra Virgin Olive Oil Mayonnaise to large plastic bag; shake to evenly coat. Remove chicken, then lightly dip in crumb mixture. Arrange chicken on cookie sheet.
- Bake 40 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Also terrific with Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise.
So moist and sweet – and the crackers give it that perfect salty flavor. I think I’ll forget the bread crumbs more often!
Oh did I mention?
Check out Hellmanns on Facebook and enter for a chance to win a $5000 grocery store gift card or other daily prizes! WHOOO!!!