Today I closed on the sale of my home.

It’s over.

This was me yesterday as I packed up what was left in the house and moved it to my apartment or storage.  I thought it would be easy because it was SO wanted but in the end it turned into one heck of a tough day… I’m lookin pretty rough I know…

Then I woke up today.

Grabbed some coffee.

Looked around at the 10 foot high mess in my apartment.

At the walls of boxes and clothes that I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE I’M PUTTING THEM.

And this is how I felt…

I think I’ll be fine, can’t you tell?

11 Comments on Emotional. Final. Done.

1. Bridget
    August 18, 2011 at 7:07 am (6 years ago)

I know you will be fine, but I just wanna hug you! Hoping the transition goes smoothly!

2. Molly Gold
    August 15, 2011 at 11:22 pm (6 years ago)

I think you will be FANTASTIC! Sending you wonderful unpacking vibes and know that if I was there with you ~ I would help you with each and every one =) Think how FUN it will be ~ finding a new place for all that you love ~ fresh start baby ~ bring it on!!! =) xoxo!

3. Sharon
    August 15, 2011 at 10:13 pm (6 years ago)

Oh Linda. Watching your video made me so sad! But, then seeing the pictures below it made me laugh! You should seriously be a model! I tried modeling for a friend once who was a photography student and I had such a hard time coming up with different poses etc. But you are a natural! Here’s to hoping you find a spot for all your stuff in your apartment and that you LOVE it!

4. Maricris of Zensible Mama
    August 15, 2011 at 9:59 pm (6 years ago)

I think you’ll be fine Linda! LOL I’m dreading a possible move soon. Not sure if it will be in CA or somewhere close by. Nonetheless, I.dread.it.

August 15, 2011 at 10:07 pm (6 years ago)

thanks, I think i’ll be fine. I’m enjoying the new space so much – even if i can’t walk through it right now!

5. Melissa
    August 15, 2011 at 8:35 pm (6 years ago)

You are resilient and smart and witty and, did I mention smart? You are going to be just fine. Allow yourself the grief when it comes and enjoy the good! You deserve it!

August 15, 2011 at 10:07 pm (6 years ago)

you are sweet and caring and did I mention sweet? thanks for your kind words…

6. Kim - Mommycosm
    August 15, 2011 at 8:34 pm (6 years ago)

Ohhh. Good luck in your new space. It hurt my heart to watch you. I love, Love, LOVE my house and we’ve talked about moving away recently. Don’t think I would be video-worthy during the walk away moment, if it comes to that… even if I know I would be walking to something great. Amazing how much the walls of a house can hold onto pieces of you, huh?
    xox

August 15, 2011 at 10:06 pm (6 years ago)

thanks Kim. while I didnt love the house it held so many memories for me – which is tough. it’s crazy the attachment…

7. Sarah
    August 15, 2011 at 8:05 pm (6 years ago)

I know you will be fine – my heart was breaking for you watching that video though. New chapters are scary, but so full of potential, promise and the thrill of pages not yet written. Make it amazing, linney.

August 15, 2011 at 10:05 pm (6 years ago)

thanks sweetie. means the world coming from you.