If you are even remotely a fan of green bean casserole, then this is a dish you need to try. A take on the traditional green bean casserole, the Kikkoman Panko bread crumbs give it a “gourmet flavor” that is to die for! I’m working with Kikkoman again this year for my Thanksgiving Feast and couldn’t be more excited!
Ingredients: (Makes 8 servings – or 2 if you eat it as your main dish like we did the other night *snickers)
- 1.5 lbs fresh string beans, blanched
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 10oz package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed (I left this out b/c I’m not a garlic person)
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 cup Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
- Layer the blanched string beans in the bottom of a greased casserole dish.
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Saute the mushrooms, onion, and garlic in the butter until the onions are soft.
- Add the can of mushroom soup.
- Stir to combine soup and vegetables int he skillet.
- Pour mixture over the string beans.
- Sprinkle with Panko Bread Crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until breadcrumbs are browned.
I love green beans and I can imagine with something like chicken they would be a meal.
Kikkoman sent me a fabulous package of products and recipes to try out. You’ll find them all on the site. Remember my Brine Turkey from last year? Check out the site, and see the BOGO coupon!