I had the best time a few weeks ago at the Kenmore National Blogger Event. #Kenmorestyle

I was truly excited to learn about the brand because I was already a fan,  owning their washer and dryer.  And those had even been replacements for older model Kenmore products.

The technology is changing and so is the face of the brand.  Starting with the logo.

This is the Kenmore you are used to right?

Not any more.

The new look as presented here in a cookie, because we can all relate to sugar..

kenmore logo

I know I like it too.

Here it is in real logo form, but I still like the cookie….

Twenty bloggers were invited for a day at the Kenmore HQ’s and we saw all kinds of droolworthy appliances.   We were educated on the thought process of the re-designs on all their major and small appliances.   A few really cool options stuck out in my mind that will be rolling out into stores soon…

*They have done a fabulous re-design of the products, including a handle that spans the entire appliance for a sleek design and improved functionality (imagine floor to top on a fridge, and easy for little hands to access).

033

*A potscrubber feature on the dishwasher that gets the lasagna off the pan. You can actually turn the pan to the back and special cleaning fixture will tackle that issue.

*Packaging that is fresh and fun and had me curious to see the next product to see the style of the branding.
028

*******And the Kenmoreconnect feature where you can actually put the phone up to the appliance (well you have to call the service number) and data is transferred to allow diagnosis of the problem.  Can definitely reduce the need for service calls to fix easy problems!*******

I KNOW!

020

We were treated to a fabulous lunch with the help of Sears Chef Billy Parisi and Little Tech Girl.

039

050

After we heard about the appliances, we were broken up into focus groups.  What was so impressive about this event is that they really valued our opinions.  We were even paid for our time there.

Way to go Kenmore!

Later that night we were invited to a battle of the Mom Blogger and Foodie Bloggers.  Got to taste some delish foods and enjoy wine and good company!

029

020

WOW, did Janine come along?
cute as buttons..

It was an incredibly cool experience and I can’t thank Kenmore and Kim at Mom Impact for including me!  Makes me want to live in Chicago and play with them all the time! {call me, heh?}

Disclosure: I was invited by Mom Impact and Kenmore to participate in the National Blogger Event. My costs were covered, I was paid for a focus group and got some cool swag…but as always my thoughts come from my own measly little head…

19 Comments on Kenmore style: new look, new style, new technology!

1. Lauralee Hensley
    September 2, 2010 at 9:54 pm (7 years ago)

We love our Kenmore’s in this household. Every major appliance we have are Kenmore’s:
    Stove, Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Washer, Dryer, Microwave, Propane Water Heater, Central Air/Heat, and even our huge freezer are Kenmore’s. Does that tell you the brand I LOVE.
    When we bought our home it had the cheapest off brand appliances in it. Yeah they were new, but each of them died either two, three or four years out, so we replaced them with Kenmore’s, now the heating system didn’t die, was just getting older and when we wanted to get rid of the swamp cooler that died and leaked we decided on central air, so we went to Sears and got a Kenmore to fill that job. Our water heater lasted too, but when it was time we went with a Kenmore replacement and found one that can an internal swirler thing that helps if you have hard water like we do, and they had one that worked with propane.
    Now, I’m not going to lie, I don’t have a Kenmore vacuum, I have a Dyson, but I have three dogs and it’s the thing I found that works the best.
    Yet overall, I think Kenmore tries to keep up with the newest and best in their appliances and offers their products in varied price ranges so there is something out there for everyone.
    I’m keeping my Kenmore’s.

September 2, 2010 at 10:06 pm (7 years ago)

First of all

YOU HAVE A BLOG NOW! Gosh I have to head over and catch up!

And yes I am having all kinds of Kenmore Love….

• Lauralee Hensley
        September 2, 2010 at 10:11 pm (7 years ago)

It’s nothing professional like yours, I’m just starting. No product reviews really, just stuff in my life. Things I find I like, that I think others might too. Thanks.

September 2, 2010 at 10:21 pm (7 years ago)

Well I am excited. You are such a great blog friend, and I’m excited to follow your blogging journey!!

2. Valerie (@ADisneyFamly)
    September 2, 2010 at 1:55 pm (7 years ago)

I’m glad the cookie was a big hit as that was my idea to add to the gift bags! Kernel Sweetooth is my family’s store and Rich from Kenmore asked if we could create some fun treats for bloggers attending the event. How great was that! And so fun that I knew many of the ladies who were attending, and they are the ones who would get to sample some of our terrific products.

Also, when Linda said she couldn’t fit @Twincident in her suitcase I knew we should try and bring her anyway. So I printed her picture from one I had from the Disney Social Media Moms Conference. Perfect, and I think she really had fun because she was just smilng the whole time!
    she even had her own chair!

September 2, 2010 at 2:05 pm (7 years ago)

The whole bag was fabulous. Left most of it with my kids (my son is now in Chicago) and was a fun snack for them. So glad to see you! wish we had spent more time together!

3. Janine (@twincident)
    September 2, 2010 at 10:17 am (7 years ago)

Thanks guys for taking me with you! Or, at least my photo! Looks like fun and so glad you got to go!

September 2, 2010 at 2:04 pm (7 years ago)

you are always with me in spirit. but you are with Val in 8 1/2 x 11! how cool!

4. sarah
    September 2, 2010 at 10:15 am (7 years ago)

How awesome – I swoon over new appliances. I’m convinced I’d be a better cook with a new stove.

September 2, 2010 at 2:02 pm (7 years ago)

I am! After I received mine from Mom Central I totally upped my game. Eying the Kenmore dishwasher now to handle all the mess!

5. bridget {bake at 350}
    September 2, 2010 at 9:48 am (7 years ago)

I have a soft spot in my heart form Kenmore b/c my dad worked for Sears for years!!! Also, LOVE the Mommy Bloggers vs. Food Bloggers! How funny!

Did I hear Kenmore has a new mixer?!? Can’t wait to see it!

September 2, 2010 at 2:01 pm (7 years ago)

The food bloggers won the showdown, but the moms rocked it!

I’ll be posting about a new mixer soon! (waits for UPS)

6. Shaina
    September 2, 2010 at 9:14 am (7 years ago)

Looks like a fantastic experience! How great that Kenmore really values the time you put in as well!

September 2, 2010 at 2:00 pm (7 years ago)

They were really receptive to our comments and thoughts. Fabulous company to work with!

7. TidyMom
    September 2, 2010 at 8:43 am (7 years ago)

LOVE the new design of the appliances and new logo!!……..the cookie is adorable!! Looks like a fun trip!……..I have several Kenmore appliances, all getting old because they just keep working!

September 2, 2010 at 2:00 pm (7 years ago)

they do…our old washer and dryer lasted forEVER. finally upgraded to the bigger load size

8. Robyn
    September 2, 2010 at 8:28 am (7 years ago)

What a wonderful trip, Linda! That cookie was adorable. What a greeting! Love the new design features of the Kenmore!

September 2, 2010 at 1:59 pm (7 years ago)

wait until you see all they have coming up in the next few months. jaw dropping technology!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Kenmore style: new look, new style, new technology!

1. […] Kenmore style: new look, new style, new technology! And those had even been replacements for older model Kenmore products. The technology is changing and so is the face of the brand. Starting with the logo. This is the Kenmore you are used to right? Kenmore LogoSM Kenmore style new look . […]