Sometimes you cry when you don’t want to.

Sometimes you laugh when you shouldn’t.

Sometimes you eat your food without chewing and get sick.

Wait that was the dog.

Sometimes friends say stuff they don’t mean but mean.

Sometimes they just aren’t friends.

Sometimes the lightbulb goes out days after you replace it.

You know that’s a metaphor, right?

Sometimes the lightbulb goes out days after you replace it.

This time it’s really about the lightbulb.

Sometimes you see someone and can’t remember where you know them from.

Sometimes you could trip over someone who was your best friend and not recognize them.

Sometimes you just trip.

Sometimes your kids make you happy.

Sometimes your kids make you feel like you have failed.

Wait, you make yourself feel that way.  They are just kids.  You are the grownup.

Sometimes it’s better to stop the day and start over tomorrow with a new outlook and fresh eye on the horizon.

But don’t forget to look down.

You trip way too much.

9 Comments on And sometimes I get serious…

1. Lynette@ My Wee View
    June 30, 2010 at 7:56 pm (7 years ago)

Love this poem!

One of my girlfriend always says ” Always making room for an even better tomorrow”!

Lynette
    xo

June 30, 2010 at 7:59 pm (7 years ago)

i like that saying. thanks for sharing!

2. MommyNamedApril
    June 30, 2010 at 6:56 pm (7 years ago)

CBH for you. ;-)

June 30, 2010 at 7:58 pm (7 years ago)

fanks

3. Lauralee Hensley
    June 30, 2010 at 2:45 pm (7 years ago)

Very true, very true.

June 30, 2010 at 7:58 pm (7 years ago)

not trying to steal your mad fabulous poem skills. just needed a moment ;;sigh;;;

• Lauralee Hensley
        July 1, 2010 at 2:09 pm (7 years ago)

No, I wish the whole world was full of poetry. I think everyone has that creative spirit in them when they want to tap into it and you did it so perfectly here. I also love your creative spirit in writing the Barbie drama’s, I just capitalize on your stories a bit with my imagination.
        I’m not as creative when I get enough sleep, so when you see my poetry it just means my mind won’t shut up talking to itself about this or that, that I need to do or should have done differently. My mind just does that after 3 or 4 nights of very limited sleep. So, I just take all that chit, chatting in my head and try to refocus it on a mini something productive, even if it’s just a poem. I’ve known a few other women in my lifetime thus far who have yakkity yak brains. I wouldn’t call mine a terribly worrying brain, just more of an analytical one. I’ll always weigh the pros and cons of things before jumping in. Just wish Barbie was a little more analytical. I know you’re a little analytical or you wouldn’t have such a successful blog, but I also enjoy your humor and creative side too, especially this poem.

4. sarah
    June 30, 2010 at 12:55 pm (7 years ago)

Love to you, Linney.

June 30, 2010 at 7:57 pm (7 years ago)

mega mwah.