You love to blog, tweet, facebook, and vlog.  Now if you could get paid to do what you love who would you work for and what would you like to do?

I love working with brands, and certain brands bring out the creativity in me.  It’s obvious in the posts that I write.  When you are passionate about a product or service,  you can tell by a person’s tone and level of excitement.

I think we can all agree that if Lexus, Apple, or Nordstrom wanted to hire us to write about, tweet about, and promote their brands, we’d {first faint then pick ourselves up off the ground} jump right on it.   They are quality brands that have loyal customers and being an ambassador for their product would come easily.

There are some lesser known brands…quality products with smaller markets.  Maybe the cottage industry that has great potential, but needs the know-how to get their name out there.  What if you could be the one to introduce the company to the benefits and expectations of social media?  What if you found a company that you related to, loved the products, appreciated the messaging…what could you and would you do for them?

My dream job?  To brainstorm and direct social media campaigns for a company that I love.  I have ideas I’d love to put into place for a brand….

Ok, it probably doesn’t look like that.

Ones that would promote brand awareness…tapping into current and potential markets, whether it’s a company new to social media or one that has an established presence.

How about you?  What would you love to do in the area of social media if you had the opportunity?

Include a link to your blog, and maybe the company of your dreams will find you!

27 Comments on What is Your Dream Social Media Job?

1. Sandra Foyt
    December 11, 2009 at 11:44 am (8 years ago)

I was just thinking about that! This week I realized that, although I love to read, I hate to review books. That’s why I have a growing stack of books that I keep meaning to review, but I never seem to find the time to “get around to it.” Now, after this epiphany, I’ve been thinking about what I do like to write about. Looking through my blog, I realized that the posts that I enjoy writing the most are the ones where I describe offbeat family travel adventures. It’s like someone switched on a light! Duh! I’m going to start a blog that is just about family travel in my neck of the woods. Now, why didn’t I think of that before?
    .-= Sandra Foyt´s last blog ..Dreaming of a White Christmas =-.

• Short Pump Preppy
      December 11, 2009 at 1:43 pm (8 years ago)

there you go! it’s all about passion and drive..when you know it you know it!

2. Julie Roads
    December 11, 2009 at 10:35 am (8 years ago)

My dream job would be to write the blog for and be the social media presence for a company that I love – green, action oriented, pro-women, corporate. It would have to be a company that is very financially stable and sees the value in 1. good writers, 2. social media and 3. marketing. I’d like their offices to be in NYC – so that I have to go in to see all the wonderful people there and brainstorm every few weeks – but they’re more than happy for me to work from home the majority of the time. I want them to pay me a ton of money and I want to work my ass of for them…

Great post!

• Short Pump Preppy
      December 11, 2009 at 1:50 pm (8 years ago)

QUOTE: “I want them to pay me a ton of money and I want to work my ass of for them…”
      I think if more realized that we would put the energy into their promotions that we put into the creativity in our blogs, they’d have a winner!

3. Dana @ Mrs. Moneysaver
    December 9, 2009 at 9:38 am (8 years ago)

My social media dream job? I would love to work as a social media consultant for smaller companies, showing them how to begin a social media presence. Maybe in 6-month contracts, where I get the company established on Twitter, Facebook, a company blog, etc., and then train someone within the company to take over after my contract ends.

• Short Pump Preppy
      December 9, 2009 at 12:33 pm (8 years ago)

Love the idea of working with companies to become independent and comfortable in the space…teach a man to fish, right?

4. Kimberly
    December 9, 2009 at 9:11 am (8 years ago)

I too would love to be more involved with brands and social media. I agree with the one poster about Facebook. I rather use Facebook to catch up with friends and family, but I’m totally all for other forms of social media.

My “dream” would be to have a voice and a presence in social media. To be a “someone”, someone of importance and influence. Someone who is well known and who people want to hear from.

When I find something I am passionate about I love sharing that excitement with others.

I would love to be involved in more events, maybe some day speaking at one of them. I would love to be the kind of person that companies and brands are excited to work with.

I agree that as wonderful as the big brands are (hello Nikon, Disney, Kodak…), the smaller companies are just as great to work with. I have a small home business so I can relate to other small businesses and how hard it is to build a presence on the Internet.

Thanks for the great post.
    .-= Kimberly´s last blog ..DXG-125 All-Weather, All-Terrain HD Camcorder Review =-.

• Short Pump Preppy
      December 9, 2009 at 12:31 pm (8 years ago)

It’s a lot of hard work, that’s for sure, and you have to be willing to take chances – go outside your comfort zone. Good luck with your goals!

5. Sugar Jones
    December 9, 2009 at 3:05 am (8 years ago)

My social media dream job is really just my life dream.

I imagine it would be one where I get to travel throughout the country and do IRL events. I’d love to meet great people, eat the local foods, and have fun and adventures wherever we go. Who would I represent? Who COULDN’T I represent? Hotels, visitor bureaus, vehicles, adventure travel companies… the list goes on.

I’m totally serious.
    .-= Sugar Jones´s last blog ..This Is How I Dream =-.

• Short Pump Preppy
      December 9, 2009 at 12:27 pm (8 years ago)

This is what you are meant for, I just know. It comes out in your personality, and frankly these companies don’t know what they are missing ;)

6. Melissa Multitasking Mama
    December 8, 2009 at 7:50 pm (8 years ago)

Did Santa already bring you a Snuggie? ROFL

I enjoy reviewing products but I am actually hoping (and praying) that my blogging and social media presence enables me to speak to groups of women and publish a book someday. While I wouldn’t turn Nordstrom’s or any company that has products related to organizing, parenting teen/tweens or chronic illness (hint, hint) that is really not the main reason I’m here (on the net that is =) My site is http://www.multitaskingmama.com

Great question, Linda!
    .-= Melissa Multitasking Mama´s last blog ..Merry Christmas! =-.

• Short Pump Preppy
      December 9, 2009 at 12:25 pm (8 years ago)

Fabulous goals Melissa, and knowing you, you will do it!

7. Amanda @ High Impact Mom
    December 8, 2009 at 7:45 pm (8 years ago)

I am ALL over this! I am outgoing, loyal, and all fired up! I am certain that I would be a great voice for my desired job. I desire to work as a social media director for small mom-based businesses. I have a passion for mom-owned businesses. I am working on seeing this come to fruition, but am facing many challenges along the way. My website, http://www.highimpactmom.com, features one mom-based business each month for the entire month on their own page. I also share them on Facebook and Twitter. I am hoping this will catch the eye of someone and turn into a real paying job :)

PS You do look hawt in ur Snuggie :)
    .-= Amanda @ High Impact Mom´s last blog ..Top Redbox Rentals For Families =-.

• Short Pump Preppy
      December 9, 2009 at 12:24 pm (8 years ago)

Thanks, not everyone can pull off this look ;)

I had a mom based business for a while (e-commerce) and could have definitely benefited from someone who KNEW how to get the word out. Money for them is usually an issue, so sometimes you have to be creative. But if they understood the value, I think more would jump on board.

• Amanda @ High Impact Mom
        December 9, 2009 at 1:43 pm (8 years ago)

Absoluetely money is always an issue, as a mom and owner of my blog (which requires money to run), I completely understand. I am hoping that my experience in blogging and social media, as well as my willingness to learn and love for public speaking with propel me. I would also like to use my knowledge to help local small businesses in my area use social media wisely and effectively. I’m just not sure how to move forward with all that yet. I really feel like small businesses and mom business could benefit greatly from social media if used correctly.
        .-= Amanda @ High Impact Mom´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday: Making Memories =-.

8. DiPaola Momma
    December 8, 2009 at 7:31 pm (8 years ago)

Being the stay at home mom of 4 my dream social media adventure (cuz let’s face it, it isn’t a job it’s funployment!) would be to spokes blog and build a social media plan that incorporated real world activities and things like twitter, FB and blogs for a brand or product that helped us moms feel and look fab! So much is out there for our kids. Don’t get me wrong I appreciate and take pride in helping those companies succeed by buying their products or blogging a review for them. But I’d like something for ME for a change. Maybe it’s great versatile and multi-sized fashion, or cosmetics that don’t take 3 and a half hours to get into, a hair styling tool that finally beats my frizz into submitting. Or maybe it’s an organizational tool/product that could free up some of my time to do these things for me. I believe in the power of ALL women to be fab and functional.. THAT would be my dream job!
    .-= DiPaola Momma´s last blog ..It’s beging to look a lot like SITSmas! =-.

• Short Pump Preppy
      December 9, 2009 at 12:22 pm (8 years ago)

Finding that product or brand is key. I love to ask on twitter and get ideas from them. Then follow up with a plan and see where it goes!

And I’m totally with you on the mom stuff, or women as I like to think. Companies seem to want to pigeon hole is into this MOM BOX and I really appreciate being reached out to as a woman!

• DiPaola Momma
        December 9, 2009 at 7:36 pm (8 years ago)

Yeah I think there is sort of a backlash starting with the “mom” tag. I’m a mom and it’s the biggest part of who I am. BUT I’m still a woman.. even a girl sometimes. I’d like to let that inner chick loose for a great brand. The thing is we aren’t all moms nor are well all size 2. Consumers are as diverse as the population and I think brands miss that. They seem to think we only want to be “sold” to by the beautiful people or the A-listers when in truth I put MUCH more clout it the opinion of the proverbial “man on the street”. That said though I’ll confess I’m JUST starting to “get” what a great tool twitter is. Heck it introduced me to YOU and if that’s all I get from it, I’m STILL a lucky lady.
        .-= DiPaola Momma´s last blog ..Winners Wednesday =-.

9. Krystyn
    December 8, 2009 at 4:38 pm (8 years ago)

PPS. I love to do the work that people aren’t typically as interested in, too. I like to feel needed just like NeCole!
    .-= Krystyn´s last blog ..The successful surprises =-.

10. Krystyn
    December 8, 2009 at 4:36 pm (8 years ago)

I like sharing my opinions on things. I’m very opinionated and love to tell you about it. If I love it, you’ll know. If I don’t, you probably won’t, unless I absolutely HATE it.

I wouldn’t mind figuring out new ways of advertising or getting the word out, too. After all, they always need new ideas!

However, one place I don’t really like seeing it, is on Facebook. I like that for catching up with old friends. That’s just my opinion.

Beyond that, I’m not sure. I always like new ideas, though.

PS You sure do look cute on that snuggy.
    .-= Krystyn´s last blog ..The successful surprises =-.

• Short Pump Preppy
      December 9, 2009 at 12:18 pm (8 years ago)

I’m still not using facebook to it’s full potential and have a to-do list that involves finding ways to make it work for me and act as a socializing tool at the same time.

• Krystyn
        December 9, 2009 at 12:21 pm (8 years ago)

I guess if you set up a FB fan page, you can use it more…but at some point, I guess I feel like I’m being redundant. Does that make sense?

You follow my blog, you subscribe, you follow me on twitter, and now FB? I guess, as of now, I’ve drawn the line.
        .-= Krystyn´s last blog ..I missed these faces =-.

11. Melanie Nelson
    December 8, 2009 at 2:24 pm (8 years ago)

I’ve been thinking about this lately and, I hate to say it, I haven’t come to any actionable conclusions. My dream job is one in which I’m strong support. In other words, I realize that my introverted nature puts me firmly behind the scenes. I perform better when I know that I’ve helped someone else achieve their goals. So, sure, I’d love to help craft a social media campaign for a beloved brand, but I just haven’t found the right fit. Here’s to us both finding our dream jobs, making some money, and making brands successful!
    .-= Melanie Nelson´s last blog ..Microblogging Tool: Tumblr =-.

• NeCole@Eclectic Ecstasy
      December 8, 2009 at 3:12 pm (8 years ago)

OMG, Melanie and I were separated at birth. I too prefer to work behind the scenes, but I’m also comfortable out in front (if necessary). Additionally, I like to take a job that nobody else wants. Usually those jobs are the ones that are needed the most and when I work, I need to feel needed; I need to be in a service role.
      .-= NeCole@Eclectic Ecstasy´s last blog ..I’ve Lost, but Look What I’ve Gained! Part III =-.

• Short Pump Preppy
      December 9, 2009 at 12:11 pm (8 years ago)

I agree that you have to find something that fits your style. So many opportunities both in the forefront and behind the scenes, and companies can benefit from all types of interaction.

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on What is Your Dream Social Media Job?