It’s almost flu season, and people everywhere are cleaning, washing hands, and staying away from germs! It’s hard when the kids are back at school with their hands all over everything.
I like the smell of clean in the house. I use Lysol, have for years…to disinfect. When I was sent a sample of the Disinfecting Spray and Wipes, I hit the kitchen with a fever! (Not the Hiney Flu fever, just crazy cleaning) It’s a good feeling when something is clean and you know it. Between the smell of Lysol and bleach I like the house smelling clean even if it isn’t THAT clean. In fact I sprayed a little too much, and it was a tad overwhelming. GET OUT OF MY WAY WHEN I’M SPRAYING THE HOUSE!!!
Are you a Lysol user? Here are some facts about the brand and germs….
The Lysol brand has teamed up with Dr. Laura Jana, a pediatrician, mother of three school aged-children and owner of an educational daycare center. She would like to share her back to school checklist with moms to help them prepare their children for a healthy and happy school year. Her tips include:
* The Health administration is predicting a very serious cold and flu season, so teach your children about healthy hygiene habits before they go back to school and get exposed to classroom germs, like MRSA or H1N1 virus. Check out the new educational Web Site for kids, developed in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), at http://www.oopkids.com. This kid-friendly Web site is designed to educate children about healthy hygiene habits and safety routines.
– This Web site is an expansion from an existing health campaign with the CDC – Ounce of Prevention http://www.cdc.gov/ounceofprevention/.
* Send school germs packing by encouraging your children to drop their book bags, take off their shoes and leave their coats at the door when they walk in. Send them straight to the sink to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds (long enough to sing Happy Birthday twice!) while you spray their bags with Lysol Disinfectant Spray to help kill bacteria they may have picked up from the school bus, the playground or the classroom.
– Lysol Disinfectant Spray effectively kills 99.9% of bacteria on soft surfaces, including the family couch! (Press release available upon request)
– For more information, check out the Lysol Back to School Information Center at
Lysol would like to offer 2 of my readers the chance to win a 12.5 oz Lysol Disinfectant Spray and two 40 ct. canisters of Lysol Disinfecting Wipes – one for home and one to send to the classroom!
How To Enter:
All you have to do is leave me a comment telling me what you are doing to prevent the spread of germs and the dreaded “Hiney” flu!
Extra Entries by:
Blogging this contest and leaving the URL of the post in a comment.
Tweet the contest.
Otherwise promote, fave, link this contest and tell me (each separately) what you did in a separate comment. Your choice! However you choose to promote!!
This contest is open to US Residents 18+ and will end October 1, 2009 at 8pm ET.
I received product to sample but it in no way affected my review. Pinky swear…