I think this is a 2008 recap…or the reality that 2008 is over and where the heck was I?

I have no idea where the year went. I truly believe I went to sleep one day and woke up the next and it was over. My life is just as crazy and complicated as it was in January. Not crazy and complicated as in “oh, she needs her meds” crazy, but just normal mom/woman stuff. Hey, you might relate, or you might call Dr. Phil for me…I don’t know…

Of course, I have teens…I get interrupted at least 20 times a day because their lives are more important.

I have mini hot flashes that won’t decide if they are going to get bad or not. They just are.

I got rid of migraines and now they are back again. I think I might have dreamed they were gone. I like those kind of dreams.

My yard looks like someone needs to fall in love with it and make it their own. I don’t have the time right now to make it pretty. It’s just there. It’s not a love connection. Back in 2and2.

My house is 4400 square feet. I don’t tell you that to brag. But I only use about 2200 sq ft of it. That’s not just a 2008 thing. It’s been going on a llllooooonnnggg time. The rest is filled with stuff that needs to go. Where I don’t know. Somewhere. Fast. It’s my holding on to my past issue. Dr. Phil on hold.

This has been the year of procrastination. Is there a scent like lavender or patchouli that is good for that? Because I’d be all over it. I’d burn that incense all day long.

I have a million ideas in my head of what I want to do with my life and I never start one because I don’t know exactly what the real answer is. Maybe blogging will help me figure that out. Any thoughts? Maybe it involves dancing with a ponytail…I don’t know.

I guess the crux of this is that my journey is beginning again. I thought it had already begun but I think that’s wrong. And actually the closer I get to the empty nest syndrome, the closer I get to the reality of ME…

How about you? Are you grown up yet? Are you what you want to be when you grow up??

…check out my eco friendly bag giveaway…at least we can save the planet…right?

11 Comments on The Reality of Me in 2008

1. Jennifer
    December 30, 2008 at 7:28 am (9 years ago)

Nope. But I think I’ve told you that already!

2. CynthiaK
    December 30, 2008 at 4:41 am (9 years ago)

Does anyone ever know what they want to do when they grow up? I, too, keep trying to figure it out.

I think you should write for tv sitcoms. I’m often laughing out loud at your blog. I think your snappy, witty and sometimes mental commentary would make for a brilliant sitcom. Seriously. Get yourself writing a pilot. Today.

3. Jenni Jiggety
    December 30, 2008 at 4:38 am (9 years ago)

I think I am kinds of who I want to be when I grow up. Except I would like to be a more organized, more efficient, less medicated version. :-D

Happy New Year!

4. jill jill bo bill
    December 29, 2008 at 9:36 pm (9 years ago)

I am right there with you. My goal is to exercise a little and clean out/organize one closet or room a week. Notice the exercise is minimal. I think I might break a sweat organizing. But it might be my hot flashes.

5. Ronda's Rants
    December 29, 2008 at 4:01 pm (9 years ago)

No…I have not grown up…but I am growing …literally and figuratively! I am not really where I want to be…but I am headed in the right direction and for someone who has no sense of direction…that is something!!
    Happy New Year!

6. Ronda's Rants
    December 29, 2008 at 4:01 pm (9 years ago)

Happy New Year!

7. Ronda's Rants
    December 29, 2008 at 4:01 pm (9 years ago)

Happy New Year!

8. Ronda's Rants
    December 29, 2008 at 4:01 pm (9 years ago)

Happy New Year!

9. georgie
    December 29, 2008 at 2:34 pm (9 years ago)

I dont ever wanna grow up…
    I wanna b a Toys R Us kid….

LOVE that pic!!!

10. Julie
    December 29, 2008 at 12:42 pm (9 years ago)

Wow, you and I are a little too much a like, lady.

If it tells you anything, I’m on vacation until Friday…and plan to spend it decluttering and cleaning house. Literally as well as figuratively.

Happy Monday!

11. Jennifer
    December 29, 2008 at 6:05 am (9 years ago)

I am getting better each year, more content with myself and far less “stuff”. However I am still uncertain as to what I want to be when I grow up.