Ok, it’s cool…it would look stupid in my house, but I’m not sure I care. It could sit in my den reminding me of the tropics with a preppy flair. I’d hang all my pink ornaments on it. And maybe my cat, Little Ding couldn’t figure out how to climb up to the top…AHH, I think we have a winner…

Oh, yes it is too early to think of Christmas, but it’s not too early to think of pink palm trees.

I love these ornaments, and they give me an idea of something we can do on our own…I just have to find pink candy canes…seriously, how fun are these?

This is the classic smiley face…showing my age, I have the button.  Well, I have several.  And a tshirt.  I’m getting close to being called antique and not vintage anymore.  YIKES!!

I know, the Big Guy won’t like it, but as long as he gets his video games he should be happy.  I’m kind of excited about our tree…

11 Comments on Wait, is it Christmas yet….?

1. The Mrs.
    November 7, 2008 at 4:22 am (9 years ago)

Love the tree! I may do a special color tree based on my post tomorrow! Can you guess?

2. Terri
    November 4, 2008 at 4:35 pm (9 years ago)

love the happy face ornament!

3. Rachel
    November 4, 2008 at 2:30 am (9 years ago)

That is a VERY fun tree! ;)

4. Jennifer
    November 3, 2008 at 4:20 am (9 years ago)

I love the candy canes and the smiley face–I want them!!

5. Food Lover
    November 3, 2008 at 3:48 am (9 years ago)

A smiley face gets me every time!:) Lovin’ it!

6. Jenni Jiggety
    November 3, 2008 at 2:06 am (9 years ago)

I think I like that tree! You should keep it up year round!

7. Renée aka Mekhismom
    November 2, 2008 at 11:18 pm (9 years ago)

That tree is hilarious. Funny story – the first home in my subdivision has a “tropical” tree lit up on their landing. It is visible from outside. We have our HOA covenant but since it is inside the house there is nothing that can be done about it.

That is just all sorts of tacky!

8. Candid Carrie
    November 2, 2008 at 9:38 pm (9 years ago)

My mother (yes I have one and no I don’t talk about her) has an unhealthy florida fetish. She has a white tree with pink lights and then everything on it is what she calls “florida” … people in florida don’t even consider her tree to be “florida” as much as they consider it to be tacky.

I am talking santas in shorts and flamingos with stocking caps and her back yard has all “florida” crap in it, too.

Thank you for letting me vent over here. I thought I covered the topic in therapy but apparently it comes back to haunt me.

I would imagine you will be billing me for your time again.

9. CynthiaK
    November 2, 2008 at 6:39 pm (9 years ago)

I think you could fit Santa’s entire sleigh (and reindeer) underneath the tree!

Who knew pink could work so well for the holidays.

10. Dawn
    November 2, 2008 at 6:11 pm (9 years ago)

LOL Jill!!

I love the ornaments. The tree not so much! LOL

I think those candy cane ornaments would make a great craft. I’ll be on the look out for pink ones now! Although… they wouldn’t match my tree. I guess I could do the same thing with red!

11. jill jill bo bill
    November 2, 2008 at 6:08 pm (9 years ago)

You could pile a LOT of presents under that tree!!!!!