There are nice ways to say things and then there are not so nice. I try to start a little friendly conversation on a social network, asking some questions that I really wanted answers to and got some good old snark in the process.

I’ve learned my lesson:

Don’t ask if anyone has a problem with something that you (maybe) think you have a problem with. We aren’t even talking politics. Or the economy. It was a twitter or twat issue as we like to call it in our neck of the woods. I ask one little “Does this seem weird to you” and I got a whole bunch of “why would you feel that way’s or “I am at a loss as to why you would feel that way”.

Not looking for you to psychoanalyze me, just give me a “no” and move on. It’s twatting, not a $700 zillion bailout

Some people were very “I wouldn’t worry…” or “oh, I can see, but I’m sure it’s fine”… that’s nice… You must have been weened properly as a baby.

So from now on, topics I’m bringing up

What’s your favorite pet?

Oh, crap, am I going to piss off PETA if someone says Pit Bull? Not that there’s anything wrong with Pit Bulls. I have a Schnauzer. And 2 cats, one from a rescue group. The other was feral. Oh, crap, that’s another sore subject.

What’s your favorite color in the rainbow?

Oh, crap, if I say purple, am I gay? or anti-gay? or can’t I talk about rainbows at all? I like gay people. I know and respect many. I think I may have Clay’s next baby…crap, my tubes are tied.

What’s your favorite vacation spot?

No, not necessarily foreign, I love America. I love foreigners too. And the band Foreigner. I have all their albums…no I love Journey and Styx too…CRAP!

What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?

No, I’m not saying “breast”…it’s not happening. You can snark on me all you want. At least I didn’t say “boob”…”breast” is so much nicer. Not that I’m into those…but if I were it’d be ok…you know… crap…

I am now the blogger and twitterer of puppies and rainbows…

Hello Kitty, where are you? So glad you are back!!

20 Comments on The New Queen of Nice…

1. Minxy Mimi
    October 3, 2008 at 1:14 pm (9 years ago)

People just love to be snarly…just like Snape does! LOL

Found ya through another blogger and I am gonna add you to my blog roll…anyone who can make me laugh or think (really hard!!!) goes there!

2. Trish
    October 3, 2008 at 2:48 am (9 years ago)

Aw, did someone get into a flame war? Happens all the time. Often, the nicest people get it.

Found you through Georgie. Think I’ll come back!

3. CynthiaK
    October 3, 2008 at 2:31 am (9 years ago)

Voting a big fat “no” for your transition to puppies and rainbows. Don’t think you could really do it, anyway. *smirk*

Great post. Say boob as much as you’d like. And perhaps crap some more. I don’t think you had enough craps in there.

4. amelia bedelia
    October 2, 2008 at 4:03 am (9 years ago)

HEY YOU! Rainbows really offend me! I kid!

(I flippin agree with everything you just said!)

5. Kristen Andrews
    October 2, 2008 at 3:05 am (9 years ago)

that is too funny, I think I missed some of the snarky comments. Rainbows and Lollipops and skipping down the lane with jelly on your face! (sorry just a saying an old friend use to say when people were being nieve)

6. Swirl Girl
    October 2, 2008 at 2:20 am (9 years ago)

I am not clued into what the big question is because I wasn’t invited to your party…and not that I’ll hold it against you or anything.

Buuuuut – you’re Q and A was righteous!

thanks for stopping by my site – and please come back ya’ll now, ya hear?

7. Boutique Flair
    October 2, 2008 at 2:00 am (9 years ago)

Hahahaha…just what I thought…it was funny the 2nd time around. Lol! Thanks for the plug!

8. TxGambit
    October 1, 2008 at 11:50 pm (9 years ago)

LMAO! Funniest thing ever.

I’m so lame and haven’t gotten into Twitter. I feel like I am not one of the cool kids.

9. Jenni Jiggety
    October 1, 2008 at 9:52 pm (9 years ago)

I soooo an dying to know what you twittered…

Also? Love Journey and Foreigner AND Styx.

Also! Are we really sure Clay Aiken is gay? I think he is just saying that to cover up that he is sleeping with that cougar baby-mama. ;-P

10. BlondeBlogger
    October 1, 2008 at 7:33 pm (9 years ago)

I really don’t understand why you felt the need to post this. Is there something wrong with you? (KIDDING!!! LOL)

LOVED this….too funny!

11. Good N Crazy
    October 1, 2008 at 7:12 pm (9 years ago)

I’m with deb. PC out the window sometimes eh? Raibows and lollipops, we could write a Barney song…

12. Deb
    October 1, 2008 at 6:08 pm (9 years ago)

and this is why we should all STOP being so damn politically correct.
    I’m over it.

13. Jyl @ MommyGossip
    October 1, 2008 at 6:02 pm (9 years ago)

Georgie was right… I am so glad I went to the bathroom before reading this :). You are hysterical. Love the Hello Kitty activity book :).

And… you have me sooooo interested! What did you ask? My brain turned to mush about 2 hours into the party, so I can’t remember much. 50 million conversations at once? And I thought I was a decent multi-tasker :). Still, it was fun! And we trended #1 for twitter. Crazy!

One final thing… if you ever resort to rainbow or puppy dog comments or the like and don’t be your true self at GNO… we will have serious problems! Keep the comments coming. :) I, for one, appreciate them. Maybe we should use this hello kitty pic for our #gno background LOL!

14. Sandra Foyt
    October 1, 2008 at 5:48 pm (9 years ago)

Now, I get it! Well, come on, this was a group of women. We analyze everything to death, and men fix it. Otherwise, what’s to talk about?

Oh, yeah. Intimacy and oreos.

15. ParentingPink
    October 1, 2008 at 4:53 pm (9 years ago)

OMG! Love this post – and it is sooooo true! Love your blog too! I’ll be back to visit :-)

16. georgie
    October 1, 2008 at 4:42 pm (9 years ago)

okay what did i miss last night? was this last nite? LOL soill it now sistah

I think it is now official we were seperated at birth and you are my long lost twin(you are almost 38 right…lol) ok if not my long lost sistah-

I was lmao@ this whole post and ima make you the SSS featured blog post for today oh Linda you make my job as SSS host easy today TY TYVM

p.s. yes you can have daddys old horse trailer WITH living quarters when I buy him a new one….oh heck I will buy you a new one too…see how I roll and I am round so i roll a lot!

17. Linda S
    October 1, 2008 at 3:30 pm (9 years ago)

Krista!
    Thanks, at least I know one Beautiful and Fabulous social network where the people aren’t snarky at all!!!

18. Boutique Flair
    October 1, 2008 at 3:21 pm (9 years ago)

ohhhh I loved the sharethis button. I’m going to use that! I just emailed this post to a friend. too easy!

19. Boutique Flair
    October 1, 2008 at 3:17 pm (9 years ago)

lmoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo omg this has to be one of the funniest blog posts I’ve ever read lolol! I kinda like Hello Kitty though, so don’t hate me. Love your photoshop lolol.

This happens in no matter what community yo are a part of. I’ve been a member of a populr baby community for 6 years, and we grow close on the birth boards we belong to (all our kids are the same age – we compare notes etc)…and whenever you have a question someone (ok many) will point out the fact that they don’t have that problem (either they’re younger or have a perfect marriage or perfect kid etc) and then answer your question…kind of rub your nose in it.

Those people probably should have been doing something more important than being snooty lol…I always crack up when I read “I should be homeschooling my kid…” and that’s the tip of the iceberg.

We love you. But, it happens everywhere, even in my utopian society I’m sure lol. ;)

Have a fab day. Thanks for the humongous laugh…hope you’re still with me here lol……

20. Dee
    October 1, 2008 at 6:23 am (9 years ago)

post your questions here, then you can blog about the answers.