Sunday was a big day for Little One. We’d been waiting all year to wear this one special coat…a Christmas gift. She only gets to wear it twice a year, so we made a big deal out of buying it for her, saying we’d never do it, and then surprised her in the end. Big Deal…

The show is called The Classic. Not a fancy name for a show…

The coat is called a Shadbelly…now that’s a spiffy name for a coat isn’t it?…it’s worn more for other riding disciplines, but for what Little One does, she doesn’t get much chance to be this cute and sassy.

You know I love names….

I hear the men’s version is sometimes referred to as a Weaselbelly. I know, I like that too…

Oh, how did she do? I’ll try to put this in non-horsey people terms. There were more jumps than usual and they were big. She was going against amateurs and professionals. Her score was good enough to move on to round 2. Then they made the jumps bigger than Frosty was used to jumping and they looked a little sloppy, but they still did very well, though no ribbon. But he took good care of her and she really rode him! She came out of the ring with a big grin on her face, beaming, saying “my horse is so wonderful!” With an attitude like that, who needs a ribbon… it made me so glad she had that special coat.

I think she deserved it!

14 Comments on Brown Horse and Tails

1. Cheryl
    October 17, 2008 at 12:45 pm (9 years ago)

Congrats! Wonderful pics. My niece rides and I love going to her shows!!

Bud’s had an interview with Joe the Plumber and posted it today. I’m awaiting a date for our dual debate with McCain and Palin. I’ll be sending Little Ding some questions soon…ha!

2. Tenakim
    October 16, 2008 at 8:16 pm (9 years ago)

How impressive!

3. Five O'Clock Somewhere
    October 16, 2008 at 4:14 pm (9 years ago)

I love your horse updates and pictures :-). They definitely look the part – they look great! We do this for fun, so the most important thing (I personally think) in showing is to feel happy about your round, which it sounds like she was. There will ALWAYS be more shows!

4. Five O'Clock Somewhere
    October 16, 2008 at 4:14 pm (9 years ago)

5. Five O'Clock Somewhere
    October 16, 2008 at 4:14 pm (9 years ago)

6. Five O'Clock Somewhere
    October 16, 2008 at 4:14 pm (9 years ago)

7. raquel roysdon
    October 16, 2008 at 3:55 pm (9 years ago)

Give her a big congratulations! You must be so proud of Little one. pretty coat!

8. Deb
    October 16, 2008 at 3:49 pm (9 years ago)

And she looks snazzy to boot (get it? Boot? lol)

9. Blessings From Above
    October 16, 2008 at 3:45 pm (9 years ago)

She looks absolutely beautiful!!!

10. Aleta
    October 16, 2008 at 3:40 pm (9 years ago)

What a neat coat! She looks like she knows what she’s doing and she has a winning smile!

11. jill jill bo bill
    October 16, 2008 at 2:26 pm (9 years ago)

She won Best Dressed hands down. Her medal is in the mail. Maybe a trophy, even…

12. Daisy
    October 16, 2008 at 2:21 pm (9 years ago)

She looks so professional in that riding outfit. I am glad she and Frosty worked so well together.

13. Pink Preppy Party Girl
    October 16, 2008 at 11:52 am (9 years ago)

Hey, it is about doing your best, having fun and working to improve just one thing each time. Sounds like your gal did this and you both should be proud. So much work involved in competing with horses..grooming,dressing, transporting,etc., so cheers to both of you.

14. Dee
    October 16, 2008 at 11:43 am (9 years ago)

They look very flash. I’m jealous, I never got to wear one of those jackets… just the regular ones. what a great attitude she has to riding too , she will go far! Congrats- even if there was no ribbon